The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- WINNER ALA Best Books for Young Adults
GROWING UP | OUTSIDERS | RELATIONSHIPS | SCHOOL
- COHN, Rachel/ LEVITHAN, David: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Nick asks Noah to be his girlfriend for five minutes...)
- UNTHORNE, Joe: Submarine (Penguin 2008) weirdo Oliver Tate wants to lose his virginity and control his parents.
- 10 Years (2011) friends haven't quite grown up - but it's high school reunion time.
- Submarine (2010) film version of Dunthorne's novel; good actors, excellent score.
- Stand By Me (1986) Boyhood friends set out to find the body of a dead boy.
- The Four Corners of Nowhere (1995) comedy film by Chbosky.
- TOWNSEND, Sue: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years to the Prostrate Years (Methuen 1993-2009)