The Mighty Miss Malone
- WINNER Publisher’s Weekly Best
FAMILY | GROWING UP | HISTORY
- The Madman of Piney Woods (not yet released; takes us back to characters in Buxton)
- DeFELICE, Cynthia: Nowhere to Call Home (Farrar Strauss 1999) girl in the 30ies dresses up like a hobo to tour the country.
- PECK, Richard C.: A Long Way from Chicago (Dial Press 1998) a novel in stories, most of them set in the 30ies.
- ROBINET, Harriette Gillem: Mississippi Chariot (Atheneum 1994) black and white boy befriend each other during the Great Depression.
- THURMAN, Wallace: The Blacker the Berry (The Macaulay Company 1929) young woman struggles with racism within the black community.
- Wild Boys of the Road (1933) teenage boys on the road during the Great Depression.