Dead End in Norvelt
- WINNER Newbery Medal 2012
- WINNER Scott O'Dell Award (for Historical Fiction)
FAMILY | GROWING UP | HISTORY
- Desire Lines (Farrar Straus Giroux 1997): 16-year-old Walker discovers that two girls in his class are lovers.
- SCHMIDT, Gary D.: The Wednesday Wars (Clarion 2007) Coming of age against the backdrop of the Vietnam War.
- An Education (2009) Teenage girl is coming of age in the 1960s.
- Mermaids (1990) Mother and her daughters move east to start a new life.
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012) Very young lovers escape from home. Set in the 60s.
- The Wonder Years (1988-1993) TV-series about growing up in the 60s.
- The Year My Voice Broke (1987) Australian love story set in 1962. Sequel: "Flirting".
- Woodstock (1970) Chronicles the legendary festival 1o 1969.
- BRAUTIGAN, Richard: The Abortion: An Historical Romance 1966 (Simon&Schuster 1971)
- KING, Stephen: 11.22.63 (Hodder & Stoughton 2011)